Friday, April 24, 2009


I'm sure the writers/editors out there can help me out with a question. What do you call a story (or the part of a story) that begins and ends the same way?

I'm calling it for now "The Full Circle", or at least it feels that way. After an extremely long day of packing, cleaning, and hanging out with good friends -- over some new Summit beer -- I find myself alone in an empty apartment. Laying on a sleeping bag on the floor and listening to music. 
I call this the full circle cause five years ago, when i first moved to Minnesota, I had a sleeping bag on the floor of my dorm... and just laid there listening to my iPod (for 3 or 4 days until the R.A rescued me; and the Sears people brought my bed).
Well the story is bound to end the same way, cause my mover was early and I'm in this apartment for another 4 nights.

I find it funny how an end can be a new beginning, and the beginning can be the end. But I find even funnier that even though beginning and end are five years apart, and the middle was quite the unexpected journey... nothing really changes.

So I sit here, pondering on what this new end/beginning will bring; and how I'll fix this hardwood floor situation... inflatable mattress anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I actually have one do you want to have it for a couple days? =) Loved the beer today. Gracias por la buena conversacion tendramos que haber hecho esto hace un año y medio.
    Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete