I know my posts get a bit too long sometimes. I swear it has to do with the fact that I spend soo much time alone, and I'm not used to that. But the amazing thing about a blog is that I don't care if you're not listening... HA!
I've had an interesting weekend so far.
It was my last day as a teacher on Friday, and I have to say it was one of the coolest experiences! I feel like I planted a seed somewhere, and found a real passion for developing minds. The coolest part were the flowers, cake and the kids hugging you goodbye. I swear I almost cried!!
Afterwards I got some amazing news about potential interviews and a "travel guide" series of books that I'll be designing (10 to be exact!) which is a huge project and not a whole lot of time to develop, so expect me to be MIA in the next few weeks while I read and figure out the whole layout!
But probably one of the coolest things about Friday was wake boarding in Miami. We saw some dolphins, and since the sun doesn't come down until past 8pm, well I even got to ride the wake with the night lights and skyline of downtown Miami. I totally left my cell phone in dry land, so no pics to show you how magical it was, but hopefully next time I'll remember!
I got to meet a very interesting person, the owner of said boat and board, and the man responsible for the music score of a famous movie! It was very interesting to hear his artistic process, and then going back to the music to truly get the full effect of our conversation.
Of course during the 4 hours of everyone taking turns on the board, there was plenty of booze and not to give excuses but the boots were too big, so every time I fell, they'd come off... and the consequence of that is my right leg TOTALLY bruised and cut... not a fun picture! I'm slightly sore from biting it a couple of times... but it was so worth it!
Can't wait to go out again!!

No comments:
Post a Comment