Today was a weird day all together. As I said yesterday, I was coaxed into driving to work, which means I have to leave home even earlier than usual -- and as I have mentioned many times before, I think it's inhumane to wake up as early as I do. Then again I can't complain, I go bowling past midnight on a Thursday just for fun!
Anyways, I picked Beth up... but not before she calls me wondering where I am. Beth says Steve makes her do it -- I actually appreciate the early morning call, keeps me in check and has more than once woken me up to make sure I get to work!
I confess... I got to their respective houses later than usual and that means I have to battle dumb people on the highway going 30mph (when they should be going at least 50mph). This really freaks the anxious duo! I stand by my driving though. I'm aggressive, yes, but a good driver non the less.
Beth was in a weird mood, maybe she was excited about all of us moving into our new cubes... Emily on the other hand was quiet, in the back seat.
But I think it was Emily who got Beth all riled up this morning. Emily mentioned that I forgot to write about yesterday's fight with Beth, about her Spanish... Beth went nuts about how she was bilingual (no, she is not), and how she could speak Spanish like a native (no, she can't) and that her favorite word in spanish is "Albóndiga"... meatball.
And funny she should say that, cause this whole long intro is to tell you about... MEATBALL*!
What is Meatball? Where does it come from? Where will it go?

*This is Meatball after being shoved in a desk lamp for 2+ weeks.
The answers are in yet another past carpool story from the summer.
Brann (a friend/co-worker of the click) brings these tiny clementines called Cuties...
Every once in a while a Cutie is shared around the office. Brann meticulously cleans them up and goes around our cubes sharing the tangy smell!

** This is possibly one of Meatball's ancestors.
In this story, Brann did not clean the said Cutie, instead he gifted the tiny fruit to me as I was leaving for the day.
So Beth and I take off for the day, I set the Cutie in the cup holder of Beth's car, and forgot about it for, hmm... weeks!!
The once tangy fruit never gave signal of rotting, or decay... It just sat there, locked in the car under the extreme MN summer heat... and dried up!
One good day Beth, picked it up and was like: "Hmm, what's this?" I laughed and remembered the gift given so many weeks ago! So as we entered the building in the morning I decided to bring the once Cutie and leave it on Brann's desk... returning the gift, obviously!
I can't remember exactly how it happened but someone mentioned it looked like a meatball now! And every once in a while it would appear on your desk, without notice, just sitting there, looking innocent.
It wasn't until Emily started working with us, that it became a daily activity to find the perfect hiding spot for meatball, and consequently grossing Emily out, and her picking it up with a pair of tongs from D'vannis! (she refuses to touch Meatball).
Many great moments have been shared with the little meatball... born in the cup holder of Beth's "tokyo purple" civic (RGB: 90,0,70 -- after all we are on the web), and hence making him an honorary member of the "Carpool Click"
So there you have it, the meatball!
Where will it go from here? Only I know.

yo hablo como cavernícola!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is soooo hilarious!! A ver?? No podia parar de reirme mientras leia!
ReplyDelete