So last night I decided to catch up on last week's Grey's and LOST, this means of course that I had little sleep and woke up at exactly 6:45am... I called Beth immediately to let her know that I obviously wasn't going to be ready in 5 min to get picked up.
So I jumped in the shower and got ready in no time, I was actually leaving my house at 7:15am...
Before I continue let me rant for a bit...
I have a pretty convenient parking spot right behind my apartment building. Well, it's convenient for most part of the year, except for when I really need it -- the winter.
For some reason neither the city, nor my landlord, are responsible for plowing the alley during the winter time... and do I need to remind anyone of the 5 months of snow we get around here?
Seriously it's a mess back there.
Ok, back to the story.
So I get in my car thinking Heck for waking up late, I might make it in time for work... I hope traffic isn't too bad.
Well I set my car in reverse, and guess what? Yep, you got it... I got stuck in the mounds of ice in the alleyway. Awesome.
So here's how it went:
7:15 am – I get stuck.
7:20am – I start desperately screaming in my car (like a crazy woman)!
7:21am – Useless attempt of hitting the mound of ice with my ice scraper.
7:30am – I decide to call my boss.
7:31am – Boss didn't answer.
7:35am – I call 4-1-1: "St Paul, MN. Towing Service, please"
7:36am – No answer.
7:40am – I go up to my apartment. Google. Call. Facebook. Out!
7:50am – I call my boss again: "I'll be there as soon as I can"
7:52am – I smoke a cigarrette.
8:15am – My car is set free. Head to work $50 poorer.
So, as I'm driving I realize, oh yeah I forgot my glasses (I took the contacts out last night)!!
It was probably the worst day to miss the carpool lane. Wish I would've woken up on time.
Instead Im fifty bucks short, still tired from not sleeping, and with a massive headache from squinting all day.
Tomorrow... I'm dreading tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment