Today for obvious reasons I wasn't part of the carpool click, but quite frankly between negative degree weather and snow, or humid and rainy beach weather... well I'll take the rain and frizzy hair.
Last night I made sure I had packed all the things I needed (bride's maid dress, rehearsal dinner dress, bikinis, shoes, flip flops...) but most important of the whole traveling ritual is setting up alarms to make sure I get up. So my morning started at 4am with three alarms going off, a phone call from my dad (making sure I wasn't going to miss --yet again-- another flight), and a fake call from American Airlines to remind me of my traveling plans.
So, just in case you are wondering... yes I made it on time to the airport.
So I guess it's needless to say I didn't get to carpool today. So this specific blog entry will be about a funny moment while carpooling with Beth back in the summer.
It was a typical day on 494 back from work. Beth was pregnant at the time, and our conversations ranged from our day at work; my failed relationship; traffic; to Beth's constant belly scratch; the magic of being pregnant & the physical changes the body endures.
Beth had been complaining about heartburn, and the visit to the lady's room... and I would cringe at the idea of being pregnant, and convinced myself that all one needs as birth control is to know these things...
A typical drive back home, I guess.
The AC was on and as usual in MN, summer means construction season. So the windows were closed and we're chatting away. Beth was concentrating on not killing us on the drive home, and I was staring outside the window. Suddenly a silence fell in the car. And then, just for a second I caught a whiff of a retched smell, and silent as we were and given the nature of the above conversations I broke the silence and said: "Eww, what's that smell?". And Beth's immediate answer was: "Oh my god, Carla! I'm so glad you said something... I thought you had farted!"
We started laughing.
To this day I am convinced Beth farted (it is only fair, everyone knows pregnant women have uncontrollable gas problems). Beth of course denies she did such thing. Even though not long ago after a lunch at the infamous Indian Buffet she burped in my face.
Call me crazy, but I'd say: "Point, Carla". But I'll let you judge for yourself.

for the record: i totally didn't fart. as i've said a million times, i would have taken credit for it.
ReplyDeleteand also, you are always going around saying how i was complaining all the time about having to go to the bathroom too often when i was pregnant. I WASNT!!! i don't know where you come up with this stuff.
come back soon!