Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Booo-ring!

Hello Click followers!

After a week off in Cancun, I am thrilled to be back in the tundra... not really!
But I'm back either way, and that only means one thing... carpooling. 

So today I decided to do an early post -- mainly cause LOST is on for a whole 3 hours, and if I blog afterwards I'll be in Lost-mode and will spoil it all for Beth (who apparently won't watch it because Brooster shouldn't watch TV)...

So today was pretty uneventful, but it seems like I missed quite the exciting week at work. Here are some of the things I missed:

• Subzero temperatures
• A soup potluck
• News of frozen wages at work
• And my carpooling buddies bitching about the above

Ah yes, thrilling week!

My week in Cancun, on the other hand, included a bit of rain and ghastly winds, a spectacular wedding, multiple outings to the Cancun nightlife, and one hell of a bruise... 


Anywho, nothing to report on the way to work... Emily only tried to kill us once. And quite frankly I was so tired I probably would've enjoyed the trip to heaven (who am I kidding... to hell!) We all commented about my non-existing voice -- which lead to Beth's jealous comment about me smoking my weight in cigarettes -- and before we knew it, it was work time.

The buzz around the office is our new working area, and our individual cubes... Hooray privacy! It was my last day as Emily's cube-mate and we barely spoke all day... in fact we were so busy, we both skipped lunch. A fact that I'm sure Beth dreaded on the drive home.

Emily was quiet, but for the most part she was moody (that's what happens when you don't eat your PB&J for lunch), and just having a crappy day!
So unfortunately nothing fun to report on the duo. Seriously... I think I have to learn to shut up, and just listen to them.

Today's interesting topics were how boring both of them are... they both eat their lunches at their desks (but Beth's lingers); they both cancelled their cable service/DVR (although Emily still gets the basic channels); they both obsess about their health habits (or their babies) and at the end of it... I got bullied into driving tomorrow.

Yup, just a typical Wednesday on the carpool lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment