Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today seemed like a perfectly normal day. I woke up, had some breakfast, went for a run and around 3pm decided it would be nice to go out to the mall and catch a movie.

I went to Borders to check out some books and magazines... got a Burger at Johnny Rockets and headed to the movie theater to see Angels & Demons (which by the way was pretty darn good)... everything seemed fine until I got to my car. My window was shattered and my iPod and GPS had been stolen! I freaked out, called the cops and immediately started crying.

I don't know why exactly I cried, maybe cause I felt vulnerable. Maybe cause I lost a couple of thousand dollars worth of gadgets and music, not to mention the repair of the window. It just sucked.

Of course after the mall security and cops got there and took all my info... they proceeded to lecture me about leaving shit in the car... not that it was visible, but they said something about them being professionals and they know what car to hit. 

All I can think of right now, is DAMNED the moment I decided moving to FL was a good idea... I mean aside from the weird incident in my apartment where the intruder was actually a stalker, I lived a pretty life... no vandalism on Grand. I had the same iPod for 5 years and nothing really happened... and no more than a week of living here by myself, this happens.

Look, I know its an accident and it's not really related, but seriously, I can't help but think that... and I guess that thought is also fueled by weeks of not finding one single opening for a job anywhere... 

So, I guess in the upside... It can't get worse than this! So things should start looking brighter soon.

Lesson for the day: DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE CAR!

1 comment:

  1. Then again, Miami is the number-one car theft city on the nation. So it might be related after all!

    Just saying! Don't hit me.

    ReplyDelete